Senior Health Practitioner – Psychologist
POSITION TITLE: Senior Health Practitioner – Psychologist – BUSY Health
REPORTING TO: General Manager – BUSY Health
DEPARTMENT: BUSY Health Business Unit
The primary purpose of this position is to provide clinical leadership in the delivery of evidence-based psychological interventions across the scope of BUSY Health Services. The Senior Health Practitioner – Psychologist will work closely with the General Manager – BUSY Health to meet organisational clinical quality objectives.
The Senior Health Practitioner – Psychologist is a highly motivated values-based leader, who can facilitate exceptional quality evidence-based psychological services with the goal of improving outcomes for clients, their families, and their community. Provision of clinical support sessions, quality review and feedback are an integral component of this role, mentoring and coaching early career practitioners to develop their clinical skills, with the goal of meeting organisational clinical quality objectives. Clients of BUSY Health include but are not limited to, NDIS participants, job seekers within the employment services sector, senior school students of BUSY Schools and those accessing services through Medicare.
To improve social equity through having more people in jobs, more people learning new skills, and more communities exposed to positive change.
- To promote training, employment and workforce planning solutions to employed, under-employed and at risk members of our Communities.
- To provide bridging assistance where government and community resources are lacking.
- To assist new and existing businesses to grow and prosper through effective workforce planning.
- To create and maintain partnerships with other providers, industry groups and governmental agencies
- Inclusive: People of all communities coming together as one team for common goals
- Excellence: We always strive to exceed
- Resilience: Equipped to meet challenges and exceed
- Integrity: We act with honesty and sincerity
- Innovation: Embracing new ideas and technology to stay ahead of change
This position reports to the General Manager – BUSY Health.
- Provide strategic clinical leadership and direction for a multidisciplinary team of health practitioners delivering evidence-based psychological and therapeutic interventions
- Provide board approved supervision for Provisional Psychologists completing their internship (4+2 or 5+1)
- Identify, develop solutions and communicate priority clinical governance issues, ensuring decisions and directions relating to the governance components are appropriately prioritised, resourced and implemented
- Lead, promote and facilitate a range of evidence-based cognitive behavioural interventions to complex clients of BUSY Health
- Facilitate a range of individual and group evidence-based cognitive behavioural interventions to clients of BUSY Health
- Work closely with community agencies to connect people with cultural, recreation, social and education services to create opportunities for clients to meaningfully participate and engage with their communities
- Lead, promote and administer a range of psychological assessments (e.g. WAIS, WMS, vocational and educational) to clients of BUSY Health, specific assessments will depend on competence/scope of practice<
- Where approved to do so, facilitate supervision to provisionally registered psychologists
- Provide Clinical Support Sessions and be a key point of support for BUSY Health Practitioners
- Conduct quality review audits and provide strengths-based feedback to BUSY Health Practitioners
- Provide Quality Review and other relevant reports on request to the GM BUSY Health
- Provide clinical content and subject matter expertise to support the development of clinical programs and business development opportunities
- Develop localised training packages to build the skills and capacity of health practitioners to deliver psychological therapeutic interventions effectively
- Keep abreast of current research and practices across a range of therapeutic areas
- Facilitate risk assessments for home visits for NDIS participants
- Case consultation with case managers and/or leaders to facilitate the effective provision of support services to be done either separately to the case manager or jointly, depending on the clinical issues involved
- Support the GM Health to achieve sales and marketing initiatives to grow the Health business
- Assist with the development of systems and processes to support the management of this new business
- Collaborate with other BUSY staff and managers to promote our new allied health services
- Ensure the highest quality services are delivered that meet professional legislative and ethical standards
- Drive performance and support staff to meet and exceed specific clinical KPI’s
- Develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, promoting The BUSY Group’s suite of products and services to key stakeholders
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience providing senior clinical leadership and management to a multidisciplinary team of health practitioners, preferably within employment and/or education sector
- Extensive experience providing supervision, clinical support, and clinical guidance to a range of health practitioners
- Demonstrated ability to engage in complex contextual ethical reasoning in line with ethical, legislative and organisational clinical governance expectations
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality assessment and evidence-based psychosocial interventions within case management models of service delivery
- Subject matter expertise as a psychologist in the employment and/or education sector
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of current mental health policy issues in Australia including its impact on service system reform and the establishment of integrated and coordinated service delivery
- Excellent relationship building, business development and marketing skills
- Proven capacity and ability to lead, inspire, motivate, influence, and develop people
- Excellent communication, time management and relationship management skills
- Strong client focus and desire to be a part of a growing, high achieving, successful service organisation
- Flexibility to work across multiple sites at little notice
- Registration as a psychologist under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law Act (2009).
- Registration or eligibility to apply for registration as a supervisor with the Psychology Board of Australia.
- Practice endorsement or eligibility to enter a registrar program as a clinical or educational psychologist preferred, however suitably experienced general psychologists are encouraged to apply.
This Position Description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.